Join the Marblehead Arts Association for a night of fabulous art, magic, mystery & music at the historic King Hooper Mansion.
Advance tickets through October 11: $75 pp or two for $125
After October 11 and at the door: Tickets $85 pp or two for $145
Thank you to our Lead Sponsors!
All proceeds will benefit the exhibitions, programming and resources of the Marblehead Arts Association.The MAA is a local cultural, non-profit organization supported solely by memberships, sales of commissioned artwork and donations. Each year the Marblehead Arts Association must raise 100% of its annual operating budget.
Call 781-631-2608 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taste delectable food by Dario’s Catering
- Sip Beer, Wine or specialty libations by Powell & Mahoney.
- Bid on creative items in the Silent Auction
- Explore the mansion’s galleries with an art-filled scavenger hunt – you never know what you might find!
- Be entertained by the dance performances of the award winning Endicott College Repertory Dance Ensemble and dramatic appearances by theatre students of the Marblehead High School.
- Delight in other mysterious and magical experiences too
- Dance in the Ballroom.
Theatrical finery and creative attire encouraged but not required; there will be prizes for costumes and door prizes for those who are costume challenged!
“This event is all about mysterious masquerade in the European fin de Siecle tradition”, says Co-President Missy Fisher “It’s a sophisticated alternative to a Halloween costume party.”
The bohemians and art students of Montmartre in Paris, France initiated the Beaux Arts Ball or Bal des Quat’z’Arts (“Four Arts Ball”) in 1892. It was held particularly for the students of the four branches of architecture, painting, sculpture, and engraving of the École des Beaux-Arts. It was considered a “riotous Saturnalia” with its final incarnation in Paris being held in 1966. – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bal_des_Quat’z’Arts