New England Open Regional Exhibit: Variations IV
February 10 – March 11
Variations…. it’s what keeps outlooks fresh and interesting. For over 94 years the Marblehead Arts Association has opened its galleries to the works of artists from throughout the New England region. This exhibit welcomes both MAA artist members and non member artists to show their work.
With over 160 works by over 90 artists, a wide diversity of mediums, genres and subject matter are represented. This exhibit is not juried; it is intended to be a welcoming and inclusive experience for all the artists. Invited judges awarded prizes in three categories: Local painter, Forrest Rodts chose the Fine Art winners. Cambridge based professional photographer, Margaret Lampert selected the Photography winners. The Craft category was judged by Mariposa designer and sculptor, Michael Updike. Visitors will have an opportunity to cast a People’s Choice ballot for their favorite piece throughout the duration of the exhibit.
Congratulations to the award winners:
- Judges Choice: Claudia Kaufman – Umbrellas in a Line – Oil #31
- Honorable Mention: Ann Buchanan – Climate Change – Mixed Media #86
- Honorable Mention – Diane McLeod Packer – Lissa – Bronze #140
- Judges Choice: Sylvia Harper – Butterfly, Late Milkweed #22, #23.
- Honorable Mention: David Stone – Cala # 2
- Honorable Mention: Karen Hosking – At the Willows #38
- Judges Choice: Sanjna Das – The Sting – Mixed Media # 141
- Patti DiCarlo Baker Honor Award donated by Suzanne & Brian Finn: Nora Falk – Hasta Siempre, Quilt #1
- Honorable Mention: Melissa Fisher – Missy’s Fish – Beaded Necklace #13
Take down of work and pick up by artists is Tuesday, March 13, 10 am – 4pm or 7-8 pm.
YMCA Satellite Exhibit:
February 17 – March 23
Featuring over a dozen works by 2017 MAA new member artists, this exhibit will inaugurate a new partnership between the Lynch Van Otterloo YMCA and the MAA.
Every six weeks or so a selection of works from the previous exhibits at the MAA will be displayed in the YMCA front lobby.
Gallery hours are Tuesday through Friday & Sunday, noon-5 pm and Saturday, 10-5 pm. Closed Monday.